The Power of Healthy Eating
"Let Food Be Your Medicine"
This website challenges the mainstream advice on healthy eating, and showcases the power of clean, whole foods to rebuild total body health.
Our ancestors ate diets which contradict modern nutritional dogma, and these traditional diets, full of animal fats and cholesterol, but low in sugar and grains, kept them in excellent health.
People eating these nutrient dense, traditional diets lived healthy, disease free lives. They died of old age, instead of heart disease, cancer or diabetes. They didn't need medical procedures, expensive drugs, or insurance for long hospital stays.
What is a Traditional Diet?
Traditional diets come in many forms, but they all include real food, close to its natural state, and rich in vitamins and minerals. These clean, healthy foods are nature's medicine, providing the basis for good health without the nasty side effects associated with drug based therapies.
There are still societies in the world eating real food free of processed, polluted ingredients. These people enjoy excellent health without the intervention of doctors and drugs.
How much clearer could the relationship between healthy eating and disease be?
The themes of this site include the benefits of:
- Whole, real foods: Healthy eating habits begin with real, nutrient dense, organically grown foods which are naturally low in carbohydrates and rich in protein and clean, natural fats.
- The avoidance of artificial, processed foods which rely on chemical additives for flavor, appearance and texture, and genetically modified ingredients for a cheap price. These foods have long shelves lives and even longer ingredient labels. The chemicals used to create these foods aren't supportive of human health, and many have never been tested in the combinations in which they are used in food manufacturing.
- An increased awareness of the profit oriented agendas and dynamics which drive the "low fat, whole grain" health advice promoted by the Federal Government and our American medical organizations. Much of this advice is driven by the false assumption that the consumption of saturated fat and cholesterol causes heart disease. This lie is at the core of the healthy eating advice promoted by the National Institutes of Health, the American Heart Association, the American Diabetes Association, and all of the dietary agencies which follow. The misleading health propaganda these agencies promote exerts great influence on how our doctors determine the dietary advice and drug treatments they provide. Worse, it opens the door for the FDA and the pharmaceutical industry to endanger the health and the wallets of the American public through the sales of new but ineffective and often dangerous drugs.
- Using whole foods as medicine to treat and heal chronic illness and to build and support vibrant health without the use of modern drugs. Most health problems are based in an unhealthy diet which is too high in carbohydrates, and low in real whole foods. Switching to a diet which emphasizes healthy fats and protein can transform illness into vibrant health.
Let’s get started. Here are just some of the topics you’ll find here:
- Site Map for Health Eating Politics
- Here's a site map of Healthy Eating Politics to help you find the information you want quickly and easily.
- Search Engine for My Websites
- Use this search engine to find specific words or discussions on this site.
- Why is Nutrition Important For Health?
- Why is nutrition important? It’s simple mathematics. Every calorie you eat can affect your body in one of two ways...
- Diet Plans Comparison
- Some diet plans support vibrant health, some don’t. Here’s an overview of the health effects of some popular diet types.
- The Best Diet for Your Health
- What is the best diet for good health? Let's review the data.
- Healthy Food Choices: A Scale to Help Decide
- What's the best way to make healthy food choices? This scale will help you decide.
- Food Myths
- These food myths continue to linger, even after hard evidence against them is presented. See if you still believe..
- Alternative Health Research: Using Nutrition to Heal
- The best alternative health programs use proper human nutrition to heal a variety of disease conditions. Find out more on specific conditions here.
- Elevated Cholesterol Levels: Cause for Worry?
- Elevated cholesterol levels protect the body and reduce the risk of disease. Don’t believe it? Check out the facts.
- Statins Can Damage Your Health
- Statins, drugs used to lower cholesterol, have some serious and dangerous side effects, and can harm health through depletion of CoQ10 and other vital body chemicals.
- Your Blood Test Results: A Basic Guide
- Knowing how to interpret blood test results can save your health.
- GERD: A Better Treatment
- New research is pointing to different causes of GERD and how to treat it.
- What is Insulin Resistance?
- Insulin Resistance is associated with obesity, diabetes and other health issues. Find out how to avoid it.
- Pre Diabetes Symptoms
- A list of pre diabetes symptoms that goes beyond blood sugar readings.
- Diabetes: Types and Treatment
- Diabetes is a condition of too much sugar in the blood. There are two different types, and diet is an important part of treatment.
- Autoimmune Diseases: Underlying Causes
- There are related factors between all autoimmune diseases. This page notes those factors and how to avoid them.
- Healthy Eating Guide: Suggestions for Beginners
- Want to eat a healthier diet, but not sure where to start? Read my healthy eating guide for the best changes to make first.
- Healthy Eating Tips
- Here's a list of healthy eating tips for switching to an unprocessed, whole foods diet.
- Healthy Foods: Connecting What You Eat to How You Feel
- Vibrant health begins with real, nutrient dense, and healthy foods.
- How Processed Foods Affect Your Health
- Processed foods are implicated in a wide range of health problems. Here’s a list of the worst offenders and how to avoid them.
- Health Supplements
- Health supplements are an important part of any healthy eating plan.
- Healthy Weight Loss: The Basics
- Healthy weight loss begins with understanding how your body uses food nutrients to maintain health.
- Vegetable Gardening
- Vegetable gardening and growing your own food is a good way to take control of your food supply.
- Food Supply Politics
- Food supply politics are endangering the supply of clean, whole foods and the effective provision of health care in America. Find out how you can help put a stop to it.
- Dietary Guidelines: Who Can You Trust?
- The dietary guidelines that nutritional “authorities” endorse may not be as objective and trustworthy as you think. Read this before you follow their nutritional advice.
- Anti Inflammatory Diet
- An anti inflammatory diet includes foods and supplements that reduce inflammation. Here's a list of those foods.
- The Best Diabetic Diet for Controlling Blood Sugar
- The best diabetic diet is one which helps the diabetic control blood sugar. Find out more here.
- Gluten Free Diet
- Foods that are acceptable and those to avoid on a gluten free diet.
- Ketogenic Diet
- The ketogenic diet is an example of a very low carb diet, and has beneficial effects on blood lipids.
- The Paleolithic Diet
- The Paleolithic diet can help restore health because it is based on the foods our ancestors ate and evolved on.
- Resources for Further Reading
- A list of resources for further reading about the politics of food and what constitutes healthy eating.
- About the Author
- Want to know more about the author of this website?
- Contact Healthy Eating Politics
- Want to send us Healthy Eating Politics a message? Use this contact form.
- Legal Disclaimer
- Legal Disclaimer