Healthy Meal Ideas
Changing your diet requires coming up with new healthy meal ideas. Here are a few suggestions for clean, whole foods which travel well, and work for people who have jobs where food cannot be heated.
- Apples and cheddar cheese, turkey or chicken slices or chunks
- Take slices of clean lunch meat (ham, salami, turkey) and spread them with softened cream cheese. Roll up and refrigerate. These are great the next day.
- Tuna salad in tomatoes. If you don’t have time to make homemade mayo, you can mixed softened cream cheese into the tuna.
- Slices of roast, or chicken, plus organic carrots, radish slices, cucumbers, other veggies with a cream cheese based dip
- Slices of homemade meatloaf wrapped in lettuce.
- Clean lunch meat and cheese on slices of radish, cucumber or other veggies.
- Instead of processed commercial bread which has tons of chemicals in it, you can use organic, sprouted bread instead. I’ve found it at my local grocery store in the freezer section. The brand name is Foods for Life.
- Make organic salads with lots of organic meat and cheese, and homemade dressing.
Also, save work and aggravation by cooking ahead of time. Make deviled eggs, grill several pounds of meat, and roast a couple of chickens on the weekend or in the evenings. These will make fast and nutritious leftovers which are easy to fix during the week.
If you don't have time on the weekend either, spend an evening doing prep work: chop some veggies, brown some hamburger, and have basics ready for quick and healthy meals.
Done with Healthy Meal Ideas, back to Healthy Eating Guide